LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close Bluetooth Serial Port

Solved!
Go to solution

Can anybody offer any advice regarding closing certain Bluetooth serial ports using VISA Close.

I establish a Bluetooth serial session using the Bluetooth Radio's software and then switch to LabVIEW to control my device over Bluetooth - no problems there.

When I want to stop the connection I use the VISA Close command. When using the WIDCOMM drivers, the Bluetooth connection is cut using this demand.

However, when I use a device that runs the Bluesoleil drivers, the port remains open after running the VISA Close command (and the command does not return an error).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

ssk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,425 Views)
Solution
Accepted by ssk

Hi Ssk,

I have been looking into this for you and have been unable to find a previous occurrence of this behavior, many people have used that driver with LabVIEW without this issue.

Hopefully a bit more information may help narrow down the cause.

Can I ask:

What version of LabVIEW you are using.

Have you tried multiple devices that use the Bluesoleil driver?  Is the behavior repeatable with all of them?

Which specific devices have you tested?

What version of the driver are you using?  Have you tried upgrading this?

Thanks,

John

------
John.P | Certified LabVIEW Architect | NI Alliance Member
Message 2 of 4
(3,392 Views)

Hi John,

Thank you for your suggestions. I was using version 2.6.0.8 Bluesoleil, I have upgraded to version 6.4.275.0 and the connection is now cut when I close the port.

ssk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,380 Views)

Hi to all 

i am working on a bluetooth with the ECG so i got a module and i have to PAIR it with the laptop, so i found that if i want to pair its better to use bluesoleil v6.4.249 so when i try to run it with my WINCOMM bluetooth built in i found there was few errors so what i did i bought a dongle HK-808, its run perfectly but i have a questions 

1- they say i have to Expand Bluetooth radios and ensure that the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator appears in that list, and i found it BUT when i plug in only means without bluesoleil, is it that means my dongle are supported with labVIEW 2009 ???

2- which way is better to use a dongle and bluesoleil ?? or use the bluetooth of the laptop DELL type???

3- the last is better to go and buy a high tech dongle from the list provided in the website??

by the way i am using WIN7 which is quite better than VISTA.......

thanx for any reply 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,229 Views)