LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communicating with PCI cards only working after a second attempt. Why? thanks

Hi,

I am using labview 8.5, XP and one NI-PCI 6229 card and one NI-PCI 6221 card , and made a program using the AOs and AIs.

I have modified my program on another computer (on which the PCI cards weren't connected) and then used this program on the computer where the cards are. I have made up (on the final computer)  .exe to launch the program automatically when the computer starts up after a power cut. Here is my problem : when the computer starts up and launchs the .EXE, I get this code error that appears in all AI and AO communication VIs : 229665. When I launch it a second time immediately (without starting up the computer again) it works fine....

Before making up the .EXE I  went to choose the correct  cards Dev1 and Dev3, and saved all the values by default on the final computer, to be sure the program can find the cards (not like when it was saved on the tempory computer).

I haven't tried to launch the program (without the .EXE) to see if the problem appears too, because we are actually monitoring some meteo data that demands a maximum of recording (no testing time for the moment).

Would anybody know how to save this problem?

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Forum_75

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,595 Views)

Hi forum_75,

maybe there are not all drivers loaded if you start your application. You can check the running processes find out when you application starts without problems and when not. If you know the needed processes then you can check if they are already running, if not, then you can wait in a loop for all required processes til you start to use the hardware.

Mike

Message 2 of 5
(2,593 Views)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer. Is what I have attached what you ment?

Regards,

Forum_75

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,563 Views)

Hi forum_75,

i can't open your vi at the moment, but i will check it later.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,557 Views)

Ok Mike, i'll wait for your answer. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,500 Views)