LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote panel: close connection to client error

Hi,

I am working in the university ITESM located in Monterrey, NL, Mexico. We have published a web server running VI´s for the students to work with. These VI´s run real simulations of electronic circuits and the vi´s just show the graphs and interactive diagrams to students. We have solve lots of troubles we have face but there is still one. When a computer connects to the front panel and is identified in RP.Client Connections as Remote with the computer name (for example, Remote=="MARIOGONZALEZL" instead of Remote=="dchp-192-XX-XX-XX.prod-infinitum.com.mx") our VI´s cannot be disconnected unless they close the internet explorer and after that our VI´s return and error. Sometimes this same case makes the VI turn to a broken VI, but the VI stills running in the server. When we stop the VI we noticed that the VI is broken. Then we check the error list and lots of subVI´s from the libraries not made by us(Labview libraries) are not executables. When we close the VI and open again the errors dissappear. Shortly my questions are, How can I close a connectionto client or any connection without using client address and client port? or How can I solve these problems?

thanks in advance, Juan Rubio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,570 Views)

Hi JuanSan,

I have attached two documents that explain about the labview front panel web publication, control them etc. Hope this will help.

But to answer your question shortly, at a time only one node in the network can have control on labview front panel. So you must release the control from the node which has control to get any one of other nodes gain.

MRK (CLAD)

Message 2 of 2
(2,465 Views)