cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Error with Ethernet LUCID camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I'm having some problems with my IP camera and the vision acquisition Labview software. I'm gona try to explain all the situation as clear as possible.

As a matter of fact, I did not work a lot with cameras in Labview, and It's the first time that I'm trying to connect a GigE camera with Labview.

I bought a PHX122S-CC-IX camera from LUCID with industrial Ethernet connector. The camera is powered through the Ethernet connector, so I bought a Poe Switch (model ES-5104PH V2) where I've connected the laptob and the camera. I tried to connect the camera through the Labview Vision Acquisition plugin. But at first it gives me the following error message: 

First Image.png

So I tried firstly the SDK Lucid app, for testing if the camera was working properly. And It gave me some problems because of the private net where I work, because the net was blocking somehow the camera, so after disconnecting the computer from the net It finally worked, and with the Lucid camera app I was able to see through the camera.

After knowing that, the camera was able to communicate with the computer, I tried to use the Labview again, and it gave me the same error. So I searched the error and followed the Labview recommendations that I found, and also disabled the firewall, but I was not able to connect the camera.

After some research I also found the "NI MAX" app and found that this error disappeared, but I was not able to get the image, I only was able to get a dark image.

Ni-Vision-LUCIDcamera.png

And i do not know what to do more, as you can see, the computer and also Labview are detecting the camera, but I do not know why is not getting the image.

I forgot to comment that I'm working in Labview 2019 SP1 (64 Bit) version.

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some light in the matters.

Thank you so much in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ricaru52

Well, after 1 week of searching the solution, I found it.

In this NI pagen with some posible solutions, in the very last point, I found that my net card can't handle big packages. By default in my Labview was in 9000, after changing to 1500 I made a snap and it work perfectly.

Captura de pantalla 2023-11-21 152104.png

I leave a picture for the one that need it.

Also I put the link of NI page where I found it (It's the spanish NI page sorry): https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YM6JCAW&l=es-ES

Message 2 of 2
(521 Views)