cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert/Import TDMS to Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Fabi,

You beat me to it!  I was just experimenting with the same method.  Nice find!

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 57
(3,623 Views)

Hello everybody!

Now my program and the excel tool is working quite well. I've got a problem after some time (about 80 loops) and I get an error (see attachment).
Unfortunately the error message is in German, I try to translate the important part:

"Error -2146959355 is failed at the start of the server
in Signalmessung......vi"

It also says that it is an undefined error code.

Can someone help me or is someone having the same error?!

Thank you very much in advance!
Fabi 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 57
(3,605 Views)

Hi Fabi,

Try the solutions in this KnowledgeBase and let me know the results:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1C025F018CB5761686256C56007DD258?OpenDocument

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 57
(3,578 Views)

The vi seems to be suitable for my needs to import tdms into excel without having to save each imported file separately.

Unfortunately i don't have Labview 2011, only Labview 8.6 so that i cannot open the vi.

Is there the possibility to save the vi for a older labview version? I cannot say if your vi contains functions specific to Labview 2011?

Yours

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 57
(3,494 Views)

Hi Sneff,

Another option that you have is to post it in http://forums.ni.com/t5/Version-Conversion/bd-p/VersionConversion if you need it converted.

Regads,

Bogdan Buricea
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 57
(3,475 Views)

I tried running the VI and each time I receive a mesage box saying that "A file named 'tdms.xlx' already exists, do you want to replace it?' However there is no file with that name. I choose to replace it anyway, and no Excel file is created. Any tips? Thanks!

Message 26 of 57
(3,130 Views)

@fliphkd778 wrote:

I tried running the VI and each time I receive a mesage box saying that "A file named 'tdms.xlx' already exists, do you want to replace it?' However there is no file with that name. I choose to replace it anyway, and no Excel file is created. Any tips? Thanks!

Wow.  How could no one have called me out in the last 4 years telling me it doesn't work?  I have since made many improvements to the import function for added cell coloring, pane freezing and a few other functions, and I assumed this old version worked fine.  Turns out it never worked.

The version I posted here has a bug where it tries to replace the file name to have the .xlsx extension, but instead of using the normal file name uses the file name "TDMS".

Attached is the fixed version that should work.

Message 27 of 57
(3,121 Views)

Hoovahh, 

That was wicked fast! Works perfectly now; thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 57
(3,113 Views)

Okay I've been meaning to update this for a while.  I've cleaned up the code, and added a bunch of new functionality for things like row/column freezing, replacing the summary worksheet, conditional cell formatting, and adjusting column widths.  I've uploaded my changes as a document here.  Feedback is appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 57
(3,046 Views)

Thanks a lot for the .vi! Very useful! I haven't found a way to do it for all the files in the folder. Still have to select files one by one. Any idea on how I could do all files at once?

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 57
(2,939 Views)