LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert project to real-time

Solved!
Go to solution

I started developing a routine that (ultimately) will run "split" between a PC host and a PXI remote, using LabVIEW Real-Time.  I usually test these things all on the PC side, and build them using LabVIEW Project.  I just started a new "project" and am building the Host code first.  However, I simply said "New Project", and got a "project without real-time targets".  Is there a way to add a "target" to this project, or do I have to start over with a new explicitly real-time project?  Is the (only) way to do this by choosing New Real-Time Project from the main LabVIEW (2010) menu?

Bob Schor (who should know the answer to this by now ...)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,446 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bob_Schor

Bob,

All you need to do is right click on your project name (within the Project Explorer window) and select New > Targets and Devices. Then select yout real-time target. From there, you can right click on this RT target and say New > VI, which will create a VI targeted to run on that RT controller.

There is really no such notion as a "Real-Time project". All projects are the same, but I guess a Real-Time Project would be one that contains a real-time target in it.

Cheers,

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,441 Views)

Thanks, Misha -- I "almost" had it!  I right-clicked on My Computer, didn't think to go up one more level and right-click the Project (duh!).

BS

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,430 Views)