LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core 2 Exercise 1-1: update counters

Dear LVers,

I am currently going through LabVIEW Core 2.  I only have the theory and the exercises, not the files for the exercises, but I am trying to build them (this worked for Core 1).  In exercise 1-1, there is a node that I cannot find: On page 1-9 they call it "Update Counters".  I cannot find this with Search or other methods.  In attachment is an image of what it should look like.

Any tips where I can find this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,887 Views)

I dont know if this kind of function is present with any  module which i have  used.

it can be a user made subVI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,874 Views)

@JorisM wrote:

Dear LVers,

I am currently going through LabVIEW Core 2.  I only have the theory and the exercises, not the files for the exercises, but I am trying to build them (this worked for Core 1).  In exercise 1-1, there is a node that I cannot find: On page 1-9 they call it "Update Counters".  I cannot find this with Search or other methods.  In attachment is an image of what it should look like.

Any tips where I can find this?

When is this from? I have no exercises in my book (2011) for Core 2, Lesson 1 (Common Design Techniques) at all. I wonder if it's older or newer.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,859 Views)

It is the 2012 version.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,825 Views)

Hi JorisM,

You really need a copy of the exercise CD. I think this course is filled with little VIs that aren't documented in the manual.

But anyway, hope this helps...

Olly

**********************************************************************************************
The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,801 Views)

Hello JorisM,

OllyT is right about the fact that this course contains multiple exercises that use custom VIs.

Is there a specific reason you want to recreate the exercises?

Do you own an official hard-copy of the manual and did you lose the exercise dvd?

In this case it might be useful to call your local NI office/branch and explain the situation.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,768 Views)