LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create VI Interface to CVI Instrument Driver Does Not Include Function Return Value Names

I am using the Tools->Instrumentation->Create VI Interface to CVI Instrument Driver option in LabVIEW to create VI's for my functions written in LabWindows/CVI.

The return value in the generated VI is labeled "function return value" instead of the name I issued to the return value in the function panel.

Am I missing a flag somewhere to generate the return value name?

Thanks,
Richard Healy

LabWindows/CVI version 8.1.1 (361)
LabVIEW Full Development System Version 8.2.1
LabVIEW Interface Generator for LabWindows/CVI Instrument Drivers Version 1.2
Microsoft Windows XP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,350 Views)
Hey Richard,
         I found a couple of documents, let's see if these can help out:

Conversion of an Instrument Driver from LabWindows/CVI to LabVIEW

Creation of Multiple Outputs in LabWindows/CVI Instrument Drivers

If these don't help, could you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing to help me out?  Thanks!!

Brian B
Account Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,332 Views)
Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have carefully followed the instructions in your first link (Conversion of an Instrument Driver from LabWindows/CVI to LabVIEW) and encountered the same behavior.

Included is a zip file attachment LabWindowsToLabVIEWTest.zip containing test.c, test.h, test.fp, image1.jpg and image2.jpg.

test.[c,h] declares two simple C functions that are to be compiled into a dll. test.fp declares the function panels for each of those functions.

image1.jpg is the function panel window for function foo().  The Control Label for the Return Value Control is named "bar."

image2.jpg is the VI generated from the function panel. The return value indicator is labeled "function return value" and not "bar" as was declared in the function panel window Return Value Control.

It would be tremendously helpful if we could somehow get the "function return value" label to mirror what is documented in the function panel Control Label ("bar").

Appreciatively,
Richard Healy
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,310 Views)