LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create one proper application of multiple VI and Sub VI in LabVIEW

I am trying to create an application using the application builder tools of LabVIEW. Have created a project in which all the VI and Sub VI are present, after which using build specification created an application. Sometimes the application works and some time doesn't work. Is there a proper way or configuration to create an application with LabVIEW using application builder tools?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(619 Views)

Hi mayankmpc,

@mayankmpc wrote:

Sometimes the application works and some time doesn't work.

How do you determine the app "works and some time doesn't work"?

When does it work, when/how doesn't work?

Any more detailed error descriptions?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(593 Views)

I have attached the instrument with PC and used VISA read and write in my program to fetch data from the instrument. I am running the same VI with LabVIEW with all the necessary Sub VI's, it is working fine and data is fetched properly and shown to me. After creating the application for the same task, observed that data is not fetched at all and VISA read/write error is generating continuously. After seeing this difference in working I can say there maybe some configuration issue which I don't know.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(588 Views)

@mayankmpc wrote:

I have attached the instrument with PC and used VISA read and write in my program to fetch data from the instrument. I am running the same VI with LabVIEW with all the necessary Sub VI's, it is working fine and data is fetched properly and shown to me. After creating the application for the same task, observed that data is not fetched at all and VISA read/write error is generating continuously. After seeing this difference in working I can say there maybe some configuration issue which I don't know.

99.9% it is the program logic issue and not application build issue. Could you please share your source code to see if there are glaring issues that may show up in RTE?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(561 Views)

@mayankmpc wrote:

Along with Source files/ sharing the error code/Error Description will be better to understand the issue better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(541 Views)

Programs the work in the development environment and fail when compiled to an stand alone executable usually have some bad logic, race condition, or hard coded VISA resource that does not exist on the target computer.

We will need to see all of your source code to troubleshoot this.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(531 Views)