Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Connectivity Toolkit Insert Data: Error -2147352567

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by murchak

Yes that is the error I was referring to in the post above. It says that not all providers support default database and it apears that Oracle is one that does not.

Here is the connection info cluster for my system with the database name blurred out. Yours is showing that provider and default database are blank.

Capture.PNG

If you are feeling adventurous you can modify the Get Properties VI as follows. The Insert Data VI still works on my system like this but I am not sure what it will break. Delete the wires from DefaultDatabase and Provider and remove those elements from the property node by resizing it. Then wire ConnectionString to the bottom two terminals of the bundle.

This is not the right way to fix it though and is only a troubleshooting step! You should not save the VI with those modifications. I know this toolkit has to work with Oracle!

Capture.PNG

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 21 of 31
(4,525 Views)

Oh Yes!!

For the love of God it worked!

You're a genius! Thanks...I agree with you that this should not a solution. I contacted an NI applications engineer, and he'll look into it.

Thanks again for all your time and effort.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(4,512 Views)

Glad to help. I'm sure you will point the engineer to this thread.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(4,507 Views)

Of course!

BTW, how do I remove a VI from my posts?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(4,504 Views)

You can't. What you can do is click on options and select "Report To Moderator" and request it be removed.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(4,501 Views)

Same issue here. My project worked fine ("DB Tools Insert Data.vi" with "Conn Get Properties.vi" did) while connecting to SQL Server 2008 using a connection string like this:

Driver={SQL Server Native Client 10.0};Server=myServerAddress;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword;

Now, I've replaced all database connections in my project to work with SQL Server Compact, and my connection string is something like this:

Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5;Data Source=myDir\myDataBase.sdf;

Since then, I get the same error you described.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(4,465 Views)

Hi Porras,

Does this error still occur whenever you make the changes marked in the solution?

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(4,446 Views)

No, I forgot to write it.

After making those changes, I got some other errors, but there weren't related to this topic. I solved them, and now it works OK.

Thanks,

Francisco.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(4,442 Views)

Hi Francisco,

Thank you for the update!

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos