LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL calls from packed libraries - LVRTE does not work

Hi there,

I have a TestStand based test system, where we keep our custom test types in different LabVIEW projects. The functions of these custom test types are compiled into packed libraries.

We started using a support functionality, which is also in a separated LabVIEW project, compiled into a packed library (see the attached image for a visual representation). 

My problem is that the test types work fine in TestStand with the adapter set to development environment, but not with the RTE. It seems that the RTE does not find the dll.

I tried a few ideas to solve this issue :

-setting the absolute dll path on the block diagram

-merging the projects into one common project

-call the support library functions dynamically through reference

-include and rename the dll into all test function projects

-copy the dll next to each packed library

So far none of these worked, RTE does not find the dll. What is the best way of handling such a setup? Should I change something in our project structure? 

Best regards,

CsabaF
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,858 Views)

Hi CsabaF,

Sounds like you have done some good troubleshooting steps already, could you answer the following to us understand your project a bit better?

What version of LabVIEW and TestStand are you using?

What operating system are you using?

Have you mass-compiled all the VIs to the same version?

Are you running all the systems on 1 machine?

One step we can try to determine if the DLL is findable is to replace the DLL in LabVIEW with a "search path" VI and output the path of the DLL, this will allow us to see if the system can find the DLL or not - which will help us narrow down the search!

Many Thanks,
David Guest
Technical Support Engineer
Platforms & Systems
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,804 Views)

Hi David,

thank you - yes, I did a few tests with my colleagues, but the issue is now on hold, since we have plenty of other tasks waiting. 

What version of LabVIEW and TestStand are you using?

TS 2017 SP1, LV  2017 SP1 f4 (both development version and run-time)

What operating system are you using?

Windows 10 1709

Have you mass-compiled all the VIs to the same version?

Yes, as one of the first steps. However, I did not mass-compile the VIs a every project structure change during the trials.

Are you running all the systems on 1 machine?

Yes

Best regards,

CsabaF
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,790 Views)