From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC 7.1 - Can't connect more than 4 laptops

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with using DSC 7.1 and the tag engine. I have 7 laptops connected in same lan. I have one desktop as the acquisition machine that hosts and updates the DSC tags. For some reason, I can't have more than 4 remote host connections (laptops) connected to the acquisition machine. 

Any DSC or network settings should I be checking? I've checked the IP addresses and subnet masks. They are able to ping each other and I was able to share data via datasocket. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,715 Views)

Hi,

How are you connecting your machines to the machine that is hosting the OPC server? Also, are you getting an error when you connect more than 4 machines? 

Thanks!

T. Le
Vision Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,619 Views)

@N1CO_M3 wrote:

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with using DSC 7.1 and the tag engine. I have 7 laptops connected in same lan. I have one desktop as the acquisition machine that hosts and updates the DSC tags. For some reason, I can't have more than 4 remote host connections (laptops) connected to the acquisition machine. 

Any DSC or network settings should I be checking? I've checked the IP addresses and subnet masks. They are able to ping each other and I was able to share data via datasocket. 

So you are saying that datasocket reads work OK for seven machines?

It was a long time ago but wasn't there a limit with DSC and it was possible to purchase a license to serve more than four?

Grasping at straws...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,606 Views)