LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daq Assistant Missing, Labview 2015

Hello,

I have tried numerous times with different drivers and such, but I can't manage to get the Daq Assistant Block to appear in Labview.

I have:

-Windows 10

-Labview 15 Student Edition

-NI DAQmx Base 15.0 (which I assumed to be the "latest driver")

My computer recognizes that I attached the DAQ 6008.

Please help, this is insanely frustrating.

- Ryan Foss

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,081 Views)

Does the DAQmx palette appear in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(8,062 Views)

Now it does! 

I just installed NI DAQmx 15.0.1 and I now see it :D.

Wonderful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(8,058 Views)
Why use DAQmx base? That doesn't even have the DAQ Assistant. The base version is primarily intended for other operating systems. Use the full version for Windows.
Message 4 of 8
(8,055 Views)

Hello,

I ran into the same problems and tried many things.

my system:

- Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 

- Labview 2015 V15.0.01 

- NI-DAQmx 16.0

I also tried earlier versions of the NI-DAQmx (15.0.1, 15.1.1 and 15.5.1) with no success

Scanned all the treads for a solution but nothing seems to work (the NI-DAQmx palette refused to show up in Labview)

Finally i got it to work when I realized that I had a 32-bits labview version installed while my windows 7 was 64 bits. I don't know if that was the real cause (labview 2015 32-bits was running fine and NI-DAQmx installed "normally")

So a solution that worked in my case was to also install Labview 2015 64-bits, and updating it to LV2016, and installing again NI-DAQmx 16.

Surprisingly now the DAQ palette also appears when running Labview 2015 32-bits 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,641 Views)

Did you originally install DAQmx full before or after you installed LabVIEW? When you install DAQmx, it will only install the LabVIEW programming support for the versions of LabVIEW you have installed so the order of the installation is important.

I believe DAQmx base does not include any of the additional applications / programming support - it's meant to be used when you have an application that uses DAQmx and you need to install the drivers.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,634 Views)

Thanks for your reply Sam_Sharp,

I did first install Labview 2015 (32-bits version) and after that the DAQmx (v16.0 so I believe it was the full version). So I didn't understand why it was not working.

I still have no other explanation than a mess-up with 32-bits and 64-bits on my system.

Anyway it is working now, but since I struggled so much I thought of putting it out this forum in case somebody else runs into the same problem

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,628 Views)

I'm not sure what the reason was for DAQmx not working with LabVIEW on your computer, but having LabVIEW 32-bit on Windows 64-bit is definitely not the reason.  All the NI drivers, modules, and toolkits work with LabVIEW 32-bit, regardless of whether you are on Windows 32 or 64.  Most LabVIEW toolkits and modules do not yet support LabVIEW 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,623 Views)