LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSocket Select URL VI crashes LabVIEW if you inadvertantly drag an item

Run the DataSocket Select URL.vi

Select a server and drill down to an item.

Drag the item onto another item or folder.

LabVIEW crashes without a way to catch the error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,699 Views)
Which version of LabVIEW are you running.  I just tried this on LV 2009 SP1 are did not reproduce the behavior you're reporting.
Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,679 Views)
Hello, I have the same problem sometimes just by double clicking in a folder. On the developer computer it gives me the default windows error message that "Labview 9.0f3 has encountered a problem and needs to shutdown" and on the test computer just with the executable it gives a different window saying that "Visual studio has encounterd an exception" is there a way that I can fix this?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,644 Views)

Hi Bertha,

Do you get any information on the crash the next time you start LabVIEW?  If you did make sure to send the error report to us so that we can track the issue.  

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,628 Views)

Here is the Microsoft error I get

18891i33BC9EEE04DC0CCA

It has to do with the MSVCR90.DLL. I looked for problems with this library on the discussion forums but no one came up with a solution.

Something similar to my problem is  here

Do you know of any problems with this library and Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,533 Views)

When you start LabVIEW after the crash, does it give you a dialog asking if you would like to report the error?

Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,522 Views)

If I am in the development system, it just asks me if I want to recover the project but it does not ask me to report the error.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,515 Views)

This Select URL dialog still crashes or hangs sometimes in LV 2014, but at least now there is a CAR, number 548355.

Also, this dialog is ridiculously small for real-world URLs, such as OPC Servers. Please kudo my suggestion to make it larger / growable on the Idea Exchange.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,837 Views)

CAR 548355 has been fixed in LabVIEW 2016. Please see the LabVIEW 2016 Bug Fix List for more information.

--------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,674 Views)