LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different units on multiple Y-scales

It is possible to have a waveform chart wherein two plots (on two Y-scales) have different units?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,689 Views)

Hey pcardinale,

I think this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

A. Zaatari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,646 Views)

That article does not address the question I asked:

"Is it possible to have a waveform chart wherein two plots (on two Y-scales) have different units?"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,631 Views)

Hey Pcardinale,

Are you looking for one waveform chart with two plots..... you can do that by right-clicking the chart and selecting overlay plots....

If this doesnt help, can you please elaborate further than a single sentence on what you need so that I can direct you to it efficiently.

Regards,

A. Zaatari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,608 Views)

There is no correlation between my question and your response.  Furthermore, your response suggests that in order to have two plots on a chart that they must be overlaid, which isn't true.

Since you are having trouble grasping a very simple and direct question, I'll try breaking down into baby-size bites:

I want one waveform chart.

I want that chart to have two plots.

It doesn't matter whether the plots are stacked or overlaid.

I want each plot to have it's own separate Y-axis.

I want to have different units on the different Y-axes (e.g. millibars on one axis and millibars per minute on the other).

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,601 Views)

Hey Pcardinale,

I believe I answered your question in my first post.  

Good luck!

Regards,

A. Zaatar

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 6 of 12
(3,593 Views)

NO.  YOUR RESPONSE DOES NOT ADDRESS MY QUESTION.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO STUPID TO COMPREHEND THAT MY QUESTION IS ABOUT UNITS DESPITE PUTTING IT IN BOLB MULTIPLE TIMES AND EXPLAINING SO THAT EVEN A 5-YEAR-OLD COULD UNDERSTAND IT!!!!

Y O U    A R E    A N   I M B E C I L E !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,576 Views)

You are obviously too rude to get any further help. It's obvious that you can't mix units on a chart. I guess you are the original imbecile in this thread. The solution to your problem was given in the first answer.

Message 8 of 12
(3,571 Views)

The original response did not mention units at all, nor did any of the other responses by A. Zaatari (perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem).

It is not obvious that different Y-axes cannot have different units.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,512 Views)

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

NO.  YOUR RESPONSE DOES NOT ADDRESS MY QUESTION.

YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO STUPID TO COMPREHEND THAT MY QUESTION IS ABOUT UNITS DESPITE PUTTING IT IN BOLB MULTIPLE TIMES AND EXPLAINING SO THAT EVEN A 5-YEAR-OLD COULD UNDERSTAND IT!!!!

Y O U    A R E    A N   I M B E C I L E !!!!!!

I'll acept that title but plese begrudge my a question in so doing...

My first response to your question would have been to use multiple scales and assign the plots as required but this appears to have fallen short of your request.

Could you post an image that would make it clear to me what you would like LV to do and maybe ... just maybe, I'll be able to beter assist in your query.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,474 Views)