LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different units on multiple Y-scales

But after some more thought...

I have to guess that you have units assigned to your wires and there fore can not build an array of the wires.

My use of "units" in LV are very limited because I never got a good handle on how to use them in a manner that will scale with my applications, so my knowlege is limited.

The only thing that I can think of is to strip the units from the wires and use waveform data types where you can assign the "NI_UnitDescription" attribute for each WF and can build an array of the WFs.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(441 Views)

I had begun to think that it's impossible.  But eventually I found a way to do it (see attached VI).

Note that the plots must be stacked, not overlaid.  If they are overlaid, the unit label properties of the first Y-axis are used for all Y-axes.  Although you can write to the unit label properties of each Y-axis individually, that will have an effect only on the first one (even though no error is generated and the properties aren't changed for the others).

When the plots are stacked, the unit label properties of all the Y-axes behave as they should.

Message 12 of 12
(408 Views)