LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Greek words(letters)

Christian_L wrote:

"When you add a new page to a tab control, the display on the new page is not Unicode by default. You need to change it to Unicode display, you can do that by copy/pasting a Unicode string from another application into the page tab. You need to do this just once manually and then the display will be Unicode. This needs to be done for each tab page individually. Unfortunately there is not a programmatic way to make this change.

When I need a Unicode string for this or other similar purpose I normally use the Google Tranlsate page, translate English text to Chinese or another non-Latin character language, and copy the translated text. Google Translate is also how I created all of the strings in the examples (just in case any of the translations seem strange)."

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Reference-Design-Content/LabVIEW-Unicode-Programming-Tools/ta-p/3493021

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(801 Views)

I solved this by replacing the tabs with pushbuttons Smiley Happy

For creating "strings" that can be changed during runtime from english to greek (Unicode), I have used empty indicators that I have made transparent, showing only the "Caption" which is then changed programmatically during runtime when switching from one language to another.
But there is a problem when I try to place the empty indicators(with the caption) on each of the tabs... Somehow I can not make the indicator transparent OR give it the same color as the tabs. This results in a color difference between the "black" color on the tabs and the "black" color on the indicator.
I have added a picture showing the "Active" indicator with the Caption to the left of the empty indicator (its not easy to see the color difference).

Any idea why its not possible to make the indicator transparent (only showing the caption) or why it can't be colored the same color as the tabs?

Ps: It looks like the color on the tabs are not completely black even though I select the "same" black color as for the indicator.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(773 Views)

Could you post your VI?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(768 Views)

I'm sorry, but I can't share the code due to restrictions.
But I have solved the problem by hideing the indicator behind another indicator which is not disabled ("Move To Back") and then moved the caption to desired location.
Its not an ideal solution, but it works.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(747 Views)