cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Pictures using the Picture Display in LabVIEW NXG

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

thanks for taking the time to read my post. I've been using NXG for awhile. I'm in the process of making a Power Amplifier validation program. It's gone pretty well so far, but now I want to add some pictures that display the the circuit configuration corresponding to the validation test being done by said program.

I can make an image viewable easy enough with the Image icon found under Decorations and Data Placeholders, however, this doesn't give me any control over said image. The Picture Display icon, also under Decorations and Data Placeholders, seems to be the tool to use, but it's usage alludes me. Apparently you can add pictures to this Picture Display, but when i attempt to do this I get an empty Browser box as shown below. I've tried adding picture files in side the actual LabVIEW project file, but the pictures are still not visible. 

I just want an image box whose image varies according to which test is selected, that's it.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

~Triston

LabVIEWPictureDisplayError.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,699 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TristonAZ

Hi Triston, 

I believe the step we are missing from our documentation (fix coming soon) is that you must add the pictures to a library inside of your project in order for the pictures to show up as options for the Picture Display. 

I hope that helps!

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
Message 2 of 5
(1,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TristonAZ

Hi Triston,

The images in your project need to be organized inside either a Library or Application component.

I apologize, as I recognize that this isn't clear from the dialog or the documentation. I'll work with the R&D team to try to improve this.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
Message 3 of 5
(1,610 Views)

Hey Triston,

In order to use the Picture Display, you will need to create a Library within your project, and then add the images to that library(you will need to save the project after creating the library before it will let you add files to the library).

Your pictures should then show up in the Browse for Pictures dialog as you would expect. 

Casey G.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,598 Views)

New to NXG, here.

What if my application needs to display images on-the-fly, loaded from a file share?  I will need to display hundreds of .jpg files which I will not have available at design time.  I am using a picture control in LV 2020 to do this now and I'd really like to work in NXG.

I noticed the Vision Image control, but it doesn't look like I can turn off the control pallet and scroll bar visibility.

Or am I just missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,298 Views)