LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does LabVIEW have an automatic API document generator?

Solved!
Go to solution

Java has javadoc which automatically generates API documents.

Does LabVIEW have an equivalent or a similar thing to this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,498 Views)

--deleted---

sorry wrong post.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,494 Views)

It does! Check out your File->Print... menu from a VI panel. You can select multiple VIs to be documented. It will create HTML or other type documentation (depending on your platform) of all the VIs you added to that dialog.

I would agree that this is sort of hidden and more correctly would belong to the Tools menu or the Help menu as some sort of VI Documentation Generator, but it's not a high frequently used tool, so I'm more than happy it exists and I never bothered to suggest a change.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 5
(2,472 Views)
It probably is infrequently used because it is somewhat hidden. If you come up with something and post it on the idea exchange, I will give it kudos.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,453 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author iCat

The File Print function can be called programatically as well.  Pass a VI reference into a Invoke node and select the Print >> VI to HTML function to generate HTML documentation for the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,448 Views)