LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have an example on pickering 40-575 matrix to set a pattern to close multiple relays?

Solved!
Go to solution

Does anyone have an example on pickering 40-575 matrix to set a pattern to close multiple relays?

I try using a for loop to set one relay at one time but it seen to open the closed relay when setting the next relay in the array.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,248 Views)

In a previous project, I used a 40-512-022 matrix without any problem.

The matrix is controled through the pi40iv library from pickering.

Please provide more details or post your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,209 Views)

I don't have any code to show but I tried to use pipx40 set and get pattern or any pipx40 VI that can close more than one relay at one time. The manual shows other program languages using string as an input (1 - 1, 1  -  2) row, column but the pattern VIs input is an integer. I would like to see an example how to use pipx40 pattern VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,193 Views)

I can't help you with pipx40.

Someone else ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,186 Views)

You are much better off using the IVI driver for the pickering. 

Now, a lot of people don't like it because "it just doesn't work."   That is because of an unfortunate default value on an optional input  ( I foget exactly which one but, its a string)  you need to wire an empty string constant to the dratted vi from your calling vi to get it to work right.

(Won't Pickering ever fix that?)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,172 Views)
The last time I used the Pickering driver, there seems to be an issue where if the dll session is not kept in memory, the current routing is lost when an a new route is added. I.e. set line failed to keep the existing routing on the card and the card wouldbe reset. Watch out for this.
James
CLD; LabVIEW since 8.0, Currently have LabVIEW 2015 SP1, 2018SP1 & 2020 installed
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,165 Views)

I'm new to pickering and IVI drivers. Can you provide an example?? My goal is to set multiple relays at one time.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,150 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Curtis235

Ah, see page 71 of the help file for that bad default string.  The documentation is rather good

http://downloads.pickeringtest.info/downloads/DOCUMENTATION/Help/pi40iv/LabVIEW/pi40iv_LVfunctionRef...

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 8 of 9
(3,142 Views)

Thank You!! It's working.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,112 Views)