LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading emails from gmail 2024?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'd like to not only send but also downloading emails with LabVIEW. I have found >>>this<<< very old thread about downloading emails with POP3, but the when I try to select the DLL with the .NET constructor it says "An error occured trying to load the assembly". Is there any working code around can do this, or could somebody make the code under the other thread working?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1984

Make sure the dll is not blocked, or that you have the correct authorization file as mentioned here:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8XnSAK&l=en-US

Message 2 of 6
(465 Views)

Thanks! That helped!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(413 Views)

Hi, i am trying to send an email with a csv file. I am using the following vi and am unable to do so. Can anyone help me with it? The only problem I could see is that Gmail is disabled "less secured app access".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(139 Views)

I have not checked your entire VI, but - besides that it is messy - it looks OK to me. My first guess would be that you are using a wrong password. You can not send emails with a 3rd party app using your personal password, you need to generate an app specific one.

1. Enable two factor authentication
    a, Click your name icon in gmail (top right corner, in a circle)
    b, Click "manage your account"
    c, Click Security
    d, Enable two factor authentication
  2. Generate an app specific password what will be used by this VI
    a, on the Security page click "2-Step verification" in the How sign in to Google
    b, (enter you password if requested)
    c, In the 2-Step Verification settings scroll all the way down and click App passwords
    d, enter a custom name and hit create (eg: "LabVIEW SMTP client" but doesnt really matter)
    e, copy the generated password to this VI and remove the spaces

I'd suggest to first try sending a mail with only a subject and a body to reduce complexity. Once this works adding an attachment is easy.

Message 5 of 6
(111 Views)

Thanks a lot, It worked for me. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(94 Views)