cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECU MC Error -301048 CCP Communication

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

at different test rigs within my company we use our standard ECU (used with different products) with a custom software version tailored to our testing needs.

We are sending different commands (defined in an .a2l file) and the ecu responds with the correct behaviour (e.g. sending current signals). Currently this process is done within CANape via a CCP protocol. A seed & key algorithm is not performed and no corresponding file is available.

To test whether labview can meet our requirements for a new test rig automation software standard, i want to communicate with LabVIEW and the ECU M&C Toolkit to mentioned ECU.

I'm using a NI USB-8473 as CAN-Interface, which is showing correctly in NI-MAX / NI-CAN.

Whenever i try to execute MC ECU Connect.vi - NI Error -301048 occurs. Possible reason: "ECU Measurement and Calibration Toolkit: A DLL required for communication with the slave device(s) could not be loaded. Verify that this library is installed."

Nothing can be seen on the "XCP and CCP Trace" window, when trying to call mentioned VI.

I'm using LabVIEW 2021 SP1 with ECU M&C Toolkit 2022 Q4.

In the attachments you'll find the used .a2l file and a screenshot of the error message.

I'm grateful for any help.

- Kai

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(958 Views)

This question is best to be posted on the Automotive and Embedded Networks

Did you use CANx or CANx@nixnet as Interface input for MC ECU Open.vi?

Can you attach your code and the CCP/XCP trace?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 4
(949 Views)

I use CCP:CANx as protocol and interface.

Attached to this you can find the ZIP as before but with the code and a screenshot added.

On the Screenshot you can see the VI with the resulting error an an the bottom left the CCP / SCP trace and on the bottom right the NI-CAN Bus-Monitor.

Using the Code:

1) Chose A2L Database

2) Select NI-CAN and CCP:CANx

3) Run Script

4) Change SEED GET 2 Button to proof functionality with SEED GET LED

5) Try to read a parameter (e.g. "iAIM1.D_Factor", defined in A2L)

- Kai

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(885 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cav3

Based on the colour of the LabVIEW logo, you are using LabVIEW 64-bit. NI-CAN driver is not supported in LabVIEW 64-bit. That's the reason why you are seeing missing DLL error.

NI-CAN not Installing in LabVIEW 64-bit

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 4 of 4
(874 Views)