LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emerson to buy NI ?

@Jay14159265 wrote:

@rolfk wrote:

I'm not convinced. Emerson board of directors is if anything, even more laser focused on shareholder value than the last NI management was.

Well I hope it goes well for LabVIEW but I'm not holding my breath. I don't want anything to do with any business that holds shareholder value over user value.  

As I understand, it is actually the American law: companies have to take shareholders value first.

Now when this law was made, the idea of this was that 'the public' would own the shares so they would benefit from company wealth, but it is still the law.

I'd rather argue that user value (and also employee value) is shareholder value at least in the long run. Fast gains often seem to be more important though.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(380 Views)

yep, all your funds and bank interest is generated that way, So to increase profit of your funds you better quit, so they don't have to pay so many wages ,-)

Message 22 of 23
(378 Views)

@Steffen01 wrote:

yep, all your funds and bank interest is generated that way, So to increase profit of your funds you better quit, so they don't have to pay so many wages ,-)

@Steffen01 wrote:

Trust me, I'm working on that as we speak, and it's because of just that. life, work, business, is more than just turning a profit, unless of course you are ferengi. 

(291 Views)