LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entries into Multicolumn Listbox/Safing Data in .txt-file

Hello. I haven't found anything helpful for my problem or better to say problems. I have to do a task that I have no idea how to solve. It isn't helping that I was never good with programming. Here is what I have up till now:

I want to write seven strings indivudally into a multicolumn listbox with seven columns. The first shall be a running number, increasing for every row. For this I'm using right now a Case Structure. And there is my first problem. I don't know how to realize that whenever a row is completed the next string is written into the next row instead of overwriting one in the completed row.
This has to go one for as long as the user wants to. Then there has to come a Pop Up Window - if that's the correct term - and shall ask the user if he/she wants to safe the created list into a textfile. And that's my next problem. I have no idea how to program that.

I know it's probably rather easy to program these things in LabVIEW 8.0 (which I'm using) but as I've already said I'm anything but good in programming at all and to make things even more complicated I don't want to do this task, therefore not putting all my energy into it as a result.

Please, can someone here help me?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,951 Views)
Does it have to be a multicolumn ListBox? Seems like a table might be more appropriate, if it's only for display purposes.
Either way, you need to use a FOR loop inside a FOR loop to generate a 2-D array of strings.
The INNER loop generates the strings for each column in a row, the OUTER loop generates each row.

You wire the 2-D array directly to a TABLE indicator, or to the ITEM NAMES property of a ListBox.

Attached is a pic.

Message Edited by CoastalMaineBird on 08-21-2007 01:52 AM

Steve Bird
Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
Culverson.com

Blog for (mostly LabVIEW) programmers: Tips And Tricks

Message 2 of 3
(2,927 Views)
Unfortunately it has to be a listbox because the user must be able to delete a row if he wants to as well. Also the strings shall be chosen indivdually. The problems with the highest priority right now are how to get the row-numbering continous and how to get the whole storing thing working.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,915 Views)