LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807339: Problem with LakeShore 224 Temperature Monitor

Hi,

I'm completly new to LabVIEW and could use some help. I've got a program, which writes temperature data coming from a LakeShore Temperature Monitor 224 via USB-Port into an Excel-File. I can start the program and everything works fine until I abort the measurement with the implemented Stop-Button on the Front Panel. Afterwards I get the following error:

Error -1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in Lake Shore 224.lvlib:Decode Error.vi->Lake Shore 224.lvlib:Error Query.vi->Lake Shore 224.lvlib:Close.vi->LakeShore Monitor 224.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

The output in the Excel-File looks like this: 

MalteR_0-1690794934705.png

The Problem: Apparently LabVIEW writes only one temperature value in the first row and stops afterwards, while it should obtain and write one value for each time step.

I attached the writen .vi-file, so you can take a look at the program itself.

I'm using LabVIEW 2023 Q1 Full Development System, the LabVIEW Lake Shore Driver 1.0 and NI VISA 23.5.

Best regards 

Malte

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(426 Views)

Hi

I don't have the LK224 monitor so some vi are missing. Looking at your file, you have the write at the exit of the while Loop. what do you want to achieve ? I see you have 4 readings in parallel ? 

Where is the error occuring ? 

Since you don't have any shift registers in the error cluster, I suspect an error takes place after the first temperature measurement, and it's only this measurement that is saved into the file.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(353 Views)