cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Structure: Button Value Change - Under cRIO target

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I am seeing what seems like a bizarre issue, but I imagine I'm just missing some info.

The panel I've made under a cRIO target that I have connected will not respond to button presses in the event structure I've created. I made a test program to check it (attached) and I'm hitting the same issue. However, if I remove it and re-add it to the same project under the My Computer target, it works fine. Is there something with the cRIO that I need to configure that is preventing this from working properly?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(795 Views)

Can't look at your file, don't have the latest version of LabVIEW. But not all cRIO targets support a UI, thus front panel events would not work. What is your cRIO target?

Read this https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000PArLSAW&l=en-US

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(759 Views)

Meant to include that, it's the cRIO-9048. Says on the compatibility table that it has the NI Linux Real-Time Operating System with the Intel x64 chipset, which is required, as well as the USB-C with Mini Display Port.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(755 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbeau_bah
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(724 Views)

@dkfire wrote:

Have you enabled the Embedded UI on the RIO ? 

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview-real-time-module/page/lvrthowto/deskenv_enable.html

I think that is only supported in the cRIO-903X series.  I might have a cRIO-9040 sitting around to see if I can use the embedded UI (online documentation is lacking the exact information I'm looking for).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(702 Views)

This was it, I did not know that I needed to enable this. I actually found it off the other reply when looking whether or not the Embedded UI was supported. Thanks to everyone for responding!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(697 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@dkfire wrote:

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview-real-time-module/page/lvrthowto/deskenv_enable.html

I think that is only supported in the cRIO-903X series.  I might have a cRIO-9040 sitting around to see if I can use the embedded UI (online documentation is lacking the exact information I'm looking for).

The 904x series is the designated successor to the 903x, with additional features such as Scan Mode DAQmx support, and a better CPU at a somewhat lower cost by now.

It also has a USB-C type Display Port capable connector to connect an external display on all models I have used so far. As such they should all support an embedded display. 

The ARM based 906x and the lower cost Intel based 905x do not have a built in display port. Not sure there were ever any non NI Linux based cRIOs with monitor support. The Pharlap based PXI controllers did have monitor support however.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(666 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@crossrulz wrote:

@dkfire wrote:

The 904x series is the designated successor to the 903x, with additional features such as Scan Mode DAQmx support, and a better CPU at a somewhat lower cost by now.

It also has a USB-C type Display Port capable connector to connect an external display on all models I have used so far. As such they should all support an embedded display. 

The ARM based 906x and the lower cost Intel based 905x do not have a built in display port. Not sure there were ever any non NI Linux based cRIOs with monitor support. The Pharlap based PXI controllers did have monitor support however.

Yes, I managed to get a hold of a cRIO-9040 and did verify the embedded UI option is there.

The monitor support I am aware of for non-Linux RT was only for a debug terminal, far from an embedded UI.  I will also admit that I got into the cRIO with the cRIO-9068 (first Linux RT controller) and only worked with 1 non-Linux controller.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(618 Views)