LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event structure with subpanels

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I've tried to find an easy example with one event structure and only two subpanels.

I've found the "New Event Handler.vi" and I am trying to do something with two sub-vi's that I've done "Add.vi" and "Mul.vi".

To be able to switch between the two subpanels used in "New Event Handler.vi", the programmer has used a "Time Waveform" which I cannot locate

anywhere, so I've just copied it from "New Event Handler.vi".

I cannot get this work.

Please have a look at it anybody

Kindest regards,

Lasse

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,494 Views)

Hi Lasse,

There is very nice example in the help of LV on subpanels.

I don't know why you need the "Time Waveform", it is just hiden in your VI... you can click twice on it from the Block diagram...and the LV will show the controller on the front panel. In the Zip-file a quick suggestion for running the subVIs in your main one...

Let me know if this makes sense for you...

Cheers

Angel

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,478 Views)

Hi Archangel, this is very nice, the thing you uploaded.

Is there a way to have each subpanel popping up without being inserted into the top- vi?

Like how it is done in "New Event Handler.vi" which is found under /examples/general/uievents.llb

Thank you very much anyway,

Kindest regards,

Lasse

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,458 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author laskar01

Hi Lasse,

Yes, there is. If you open the properties of the subVIs Add.vi and Mul.vi (Ctrl+I), you can change in the tab "Window Appearance" to the custom one...there is an option show the Front panel when called and Close afterwards if originally closed just sellect them. Then you will have the 'pop-up effect' 🙂

I've changed a little bit the example, so can see them as pop-up windows.

Cheers

Angel

Message 4 of 4
(3,436 Views)