LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel and .NET Problems

Solved!
Go to solution

What am I doing wrong here?  When I select the .NET class, the only object I see is the StandardOleMarshalObject, which doesn't have a GetActiveObject method.  Maybe I need to update the .NET installation.  I haven't run Windows Update in a while because it usually breaks something.  Smiley Mad

Capture.PNG

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(819 Views)

Not sure what is going on. Every time I try to select it LabVIEW crashes, the VI attached should work. I will need to test later, need to go to a meeting.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(813 Views)

@mcduff wrote:

Not sure what is going on. Every time I try to select it LabVIEW crashes, the VI attached should work. I will need to test later, need to go to a meeting.

mcduff

I can't use your snippet because my LV2017 is installed on a VirtualBox image and I don't have Excel installed there.  So I was trying to recreate in LV2012.  I updated .NET and I still can't find the Marshal method.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(803 Views)

See if this helps. Finally got it.

Snap2.jpg

LabVIEW 2011 version attached, no Excel.

mcduff

Message 14 of 16
(797 Views)

Ah, that makes sense now.  Found it.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(792 Views)

Greetings, 

Any clue about opening an Excel file using .net, keep getting error 0x800A03EC when using open method in the workbooks class.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(732 Views)