LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data to excel with time stamp

We have written an express VI code recording voltage. The code works, and the data is recorded, but the data is transferred to an excel file without the time stamp. In the excel file we have the data down column A, but there is no time at which any of the data was recorded. Is there a way we can get the time recorded in excel also? Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,587 Views)

You will need to convert the time stamp into a string.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Message 2 of 6
(3,582 Views)

Where do I attach the string of the time stamp so it gets logged with the data? Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,571 Views)

I maybe wrong but I believe that the timestamp data associated with the data that is logged will be in the TDMS file as properties of those channels.  Are you sure the time data isn't logged as a property?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,450 Views)

That would have been my assumption too hoovah. But another thing is, do you want the same time stamp for each of the samples or for the beginning of each of the samples? The timestamp outside of the loop is only going to produce one time, that is the one recording when the VI is started.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,435 Views)
No PC at the moment but I think their would be the start time of each task/channel and a dt between samples. Just like the waveform data.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,418 Views)