LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFO loop

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using an RT FIFO to pass data from three analogue channels in a timed loop, sampling at 32Hz, to a secondary loop for writing to disk, see attached jpg. The vi appears to work correctly except that the first row of data in each data file is repeated, see attached txt file.

Any comments/suggestions on the possible cause of this behaviour would be appreciated.

Best regards,

nos

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,710 Views)

@nos wrote:

I am using an RT FIFO to pass data from three analogue channels in a timed loop, sampling at 32Hz, to a secondary loop for writing to disk, see attached jpg. The vi appears to work correctly except that the first row of data in each data file is repeated, see attached txt file.

Any comments/suggestions on the possible cause of this behaviour would be appreciated.

Best regards,

nos

Check the error cluster from the FIFO before saving it to file.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,696 Views)

Hi nos,

you jpg does not provide a lot of info. Do you actual need afull time stamp? if not i would just log the loop time so you can see when the loop is updated.

Can not determine if the time loop runs simultanously with the next loop?

Text file does not indicate that the data is a previous copy ( note channel 2 & 3)

how have you initialise your FIFO.

just my 25 øre's worthSmiley Wink

xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,672 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nos

Thank you both for your responses.

It seems that using a FIFO like I am doing is not the best method of passing data from a sampling loop to writing loop, even though I got the idea from a NI tutorial, see http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11198. The problem being synchronization between the two loops.

A different approach is to use a queue, which has now been implemented, and seems to give data in the required format.

Best regards,

nos

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,650 Views)