LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compilation error 1026 using LV2011SP1

That is really wierd behavior. Thanks for all the clarifications. Let me think about it a little more.

As for the RT-Drivers not being required, you are definitely right. If Bill is using a Compact-RIO or RTPC, and didn't install them though, he would run into issues.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(900 Views)

One more trouble-shooting step... Can you compile for a target that uses the 12.4 Compile tools? Just add simple code to a 7854R or something like that. I just want to make sure that this is narrowed down properly before I make any assumptions.

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(885 Views)

Hey T-REX$

I was finally able to create a project and compile a VI for the 7854R device.  It was essentially the same simple VI that I was trying compile for the 7831R. 

The compilation completed successfully without any issues using the Xilinx 12.4 tools.

I am going to start the repair process on the Xilinx 10.1 tools before I leave work tonight since it takes a while.  I will then try and compile again for the 7831R on monday and let you know how it goes.  Have a good weekend!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(875 Views)

I was finally able to repair the LabVIEW FPGA module and Xilinx 10.1 tools.  After repair, I tried to compile the PCI-7831R code again, but to no avail.  I still get the random errors.  Attached are 3 screen-shots of the various errors that I am getting when trying to compile.  Sometimes the compilation will run for about a minute before it throws an error, and other times it will make it through the sythesis and get to the final bitstream generation steps before it will choke.

As a sanity check I went in and re-compiled the VI that I created for the 7854R using Xilinx 12.4 tools. Again, it went like clockwork with no errors. 

I was thinking this might have something to do with RAM size (I only have 2GB), but that doesn't really make sense because the 7854R is a Virtex5 and the 7831R is a Virtex2.  I would think the Virtex5 would be a more memory intensive compile than the Virtex2.

I was also thinking that it could be virus protection software that might be disabling read/writes to the C:\NIFPGA folder, but both the 10.1 and 12.4 uses this as a scratch pad for compilation purposes.  It wouldn't make sense that 12.4 is able to read/write and 10.1 can't.

I do have 'Xilinx ISE Design Suite 11' installed on my machine as well, but I don't think that should be an issue either.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(861 Views)

Here's what I would do next. Go to C:\NIFPGA, and delete the contents of the compilations and jobs directories. Do you have a service request open with our AE department at this time? I'd like to have someone walk you through using ISE 10.1 to manually compile some VHDL using the install of the Xilinx tools on your machine. Of course I'm assuming that you're not familiar with ISE already... If you are, the tools are located at C:\NIFPGA\programs\Xilinx10_1\ISE\bin\nt

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(850 Views)

After repairing and uninstalling/reinstalling all the Xlinx tools, NI-RIO and LV FPGA Module S/W, per Austin Smith I (re)installed CompactRIO (even though I have no CompactRIO H/W). This apparently fixed the Error 1026 problem. The "Generate Intermediate Files" now actually generates some intermediate files and the Error 1026 is gone.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(830 Views)

As Bill mentioned, the solution to mswalker's first issue on this thread (Error 1026 occurring during Generating Intermediate Files) can be corrected by installing CompactRIO support with the NI-RIO driver.  I have filed Corrective Action Request (CAR) #350062 to R&D to address this issue.

Regards,
Austin S.

National Instruments
Academic Field Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(819 Views)

T-REX$,

I don't currently have a service request open with the AE department.  I was hoping this might be a simple fix that I would be able to solve using the discussion forum. 

I created a simple counter for a VirtexII FPGA using the Xilinx ISE 10.1 tools in the C:\NIFPGA folder.  I was able to compile the code with no issues.  In addtion, I ran a test bench and everything worked as expected.

I will clean out the 'compilations' and 'jobs' directories and try to re-compile the LabVIEW code again.  If that doesn't work, I will put in a service request since I have a deadline that is closing in.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(813 Views)