LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and replace variables

Solved!
Go to solution

That's sort of what I'm doing: I'm updating the queue reference control by writing into it and reading from it from multiple places in the code.

Note that I said local variables can be used to update controls/indicators - by that I meant controls/indicators on the front panel - user interface elements. You are using the local variables as a data variable which, as alluded to from the links, isn't really what they should be used for.

And I surely take care about race conditions: I start both cycles only after I've made sure that the queue has been successfully created. And I don't delete the queue until they have finished the execution. I see no other race conditions that could arise when using queue references.

Without seeing your code to see what you're doing I can't be sure but can you not just create the queue outside of both loops and just wire the reference into both loops? Take a look at producer/consumer architecture with queues to see what I mean:

Anyway, glad you found the solution to your problem. Apologies if I antagonised you in any way but I found your response to Mike's (volunteered offer of help) quite rude and while I normally try to stay out of any 'internet drama' I felt compelled to say something in this instance.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 21
(620 Views)