cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FullHD application

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I want to make full screen application for the FullHD resolution (1920x1080).

I wanted to use a background image as the main image of the front panel and place the controls and indicators.

But when I run or compile the application controls are shifted with I need seats.

Questions:

1. What is the maximum size for background app FullHD? (dialog-style, onle title, without menu)

2. What should I set in the VI properties for my application?

3. May be better use the 2K display (2560x1440) for a _comfortable_ desing of my app?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,236 Views)

Have you played with the Run Time Position properties of your VI?  You can set it to be Maximized, which should fill the screen of whatever Monitor you are using for the display.

I've not tried using background images on the Front Panel.  If you are concerned about things "moving around", a technique that may work for you is the following:

• Build your Front Panel on a Monitor of comparable Resolution.  If you are going to have "less on top" (no menu bar, for example), you may need to make your Front Panel a "little too big" (experiment for best results).
  • To "lock" the positions of the Controls once you have it as you want, type Ctrl-A to select all of the Front Panel elements, then click the "ReOrder" button on the top Tool Bar (it's the fourth one, following Alignment, Distribution, and Resize) and choose "Group".  This "locks" the objects as a single "thing".  I'm not 100% sure what happens if it changes the size, but logic says "everything changes together".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,202 Views)

I attached three screenshots.

The first picture is when I design in LabVIEW: all the controls are located at the proper places.
Second - when I started the application from LabVIEW: The controls and indicators are shifted.

Third - when I started the standalone application: The controls and indicators are shifted in another position and I have white field on the top of the app.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,186 Views)

Instead of attaching screen shots showing us what doesn't work, can you attach VIs that we can try ourselves (I'd certainly try the suggestion I made, which I think should work) and see if we can fix this?  Note that if you need to attach more than three things, you can put them all in a folder, compress the folder, and attach the single .ZIP file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,169 Views)

Archive with the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,159 Views)

I find one VI, F10_a2, that has the picture you show, but no Front Panel Controls, rather a Tab Control obscuring more than half the Front Panel.

In order to help you, I need to know what you are trying to do.  It would also help if you could furnish a simpler example, with perhaps a little bit of help/explanation so we don't waste our time trying to read your intentions.

Where does the background image come from?  How was it created?  Can you provide something that has only the background image and one example control (you don't need to provide code for the control -- if it is a Numeric or Boolean control, we can write a little code to read/write its values).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,155 Views)

I sent the full version of VI. Without removing any part.

Now my VI does not have any controls, but there are indicators that change in different modes.

(I think the controls would do the same thing?)

I want to post a schematic of my device as a background and to place controls and indicators on this background.

I painted the background in the editor, saved as a PNG file and set as a background (right-click on the vertical scrollbar, etc.)

The background is in the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,137 Views)
Solution
Accepted by IVAN_TRIFONOV

Your problem is that you have set the background image to "Stretch" which means that it's resizing when your window resizes.  You need to probably set it to "Tile" so that the top left corner stays where you want it and doesn't move when the Window resizes.  If you choose "Center" the image won't resize, but it will shift, so you would still have issues.

Message 8 of 9
(3,120 Views)

Thank you!

It works correct. Course, after I chose the right size for the background's picture and for the app's window

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,090 Views)