LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB Controller "sre 0"

Solved!
Go to solution
I have a LabVIEW 7.1 application that interfaces via GPIB (488-2) with a Ruska 6005 Interface Panel.  For the most part, there are no problems. However the author has used "sre 0" at the end of the program to unassert REN and return the interface to operator control, but the interface stays in Computer mode and is still not available for manual operations.  Can anyone suggest why?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,007 Views)

Hi John,

I didn't see that NI has an Instrument driver for Ruska 6009 available on the website.

Where did you get this instrument driver from? 

Regards,

Sammy Z.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,990 Views)

The driver for this application was developed in-house, because no off-the-shelf driver was available.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JohnBoy

Hi John,

Are you using VISA API or 488.2 API?

Would you be able to post a screenshot of that part of code?

Have you tried writing a simple peace of code to see if this feature will work at all or not?

Please look at this link. 

https://www.ni.com/docs/en-US/bundle/labview-api-ref/page/functions/visa-gpib-control-ren.html

Does this look familiar?

Regards,

Sammy Z.

Message 4 of 6
(2,967 Views)
Hi Sammy, I've tried your suggestion, and it appears to fix the problem (using VISA GPIB Control REN with Mode 2). Since the problem was intermittant, I'll have to do further testing to be sure this is the fix, but it's certainly looking good. Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,957 Views)
Hi Sammy, The suggested fix has worked well, including on the executable. Thanks for your help.  JohnBoy.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,906 Views)