From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gain controlled amplifier constant magnitude

Hi all,

I would like to create a gain controlled amplifier to provide an output signal of constant magnitude.

I have an analogue input signal and want to amplify this signal to be of constant magnitude. I have searched for methods of how to do this but I am not making any progress. 

Please could anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,027 Views)

Seems to be an electronics application circuit design question - any reason you're posting on a LabVIEW board?

You will get better reach on other forums such as eevblog.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,002 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I want to use Labview to complete this task. I have an analogue input into Labview via a DAQ and I want to amplify the signal to a constant output.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,000 Views)

Please elaborate on your question. What model of DAQ, what kind of signal, LV version?

IMO, it is measure voltage using DAQ, apply scaling to reach the target amplitude, generate it back using AO. Note, there is a signal delay as it takes some time for the software to read the analog voltage, scale it and generate using analog output.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,998 Views)

Thanks again for the reply.

I am using a National Instruments NI USB-6341, the signal is a voltage input.

So yes, I measure voltage using the DAQ. I then want to amplify this signal and drive a voltage output with the amplified signal. I want to be able to limit the output signal to a constant. If the input signal increases the output signal will be too high for the DAQ if it is scaled, how do I limit the output?

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,991 Views)

You can pass (average) peak to peak amplitude to a PID controller.

PID Gain Control.png

:Post something. The solution depends a lot on the details.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,990 Views)