From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate a user event when push button is pressed

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program where I have a push button connected to NI DAQ and when button is pressed the DAQ reads it. Until the reading part the program is fine. When the push button pressed, a true variable will come out of the DAQ read and is given to a case structure. Inside the case structure, a generate user event is wired with a true variable and this is then given to register to user events and finally to the event structure. Inside the event structure, a boolean is wired. 

Push Button User Event.jpg

You can see what I explained in the picture above. I have also attached the VI. When I run the program and pressed the push button, nothing is happening. So I ran it in highlight execution mode and I see the user event Push Button Pressed is never executed inside the event structure, but the true case of the case structure is executed which will generate a user event. But it is not executed in the event structure. Why is this happening? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(169 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author govindsankar

Sorry, the program is wrong. I used the register for user event in the wrong way. I correct it by watching a youtube video. Here is the correct solution. 

Push Button User Event.jpg

Message 2 of 3
(165 Views)

@govindsankar wrote:

Sorry, the program is wrong. I used the register for user event in the wrong way. I correct it by watching a youtube video. Here is the correct solution. 

Yes, in your first one you send the event before you've registered it and started listening, thus no reaction, and since you reregister i assume the same happens every time.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(71 Views)