cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Time component from a 1D waveform

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I'm analyzing data from a 1D waveform (just have a single column on the .txt file), that data produces a curve that should be analyzed from point one to point two and get the integration. My problem is that the TIME component from the waveform it's not present preventing me to calculate the integration from point A to point B on the time axis. Does anyone from here has an idea on how to deal with this issue?

Im including a .TXT file for reference and a Picture of my code

Any help is truly appreciated

Serge

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,420 Views)
Solution
Accepted by SergeArmz
If you want the actual time values, you would need to reacquire and save correctly. If you know the dt, then you can cheat and use the Build Waveform function to add it to the waveform.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,405 Views)

The file is having only the 'Data Points', In that case, are you looking only the relative time? and 'dt' is constant and known.

If 'Yes', you can calculate time stamp for each data point with T0 and dt.

If 'No', and you are looking for absolute time, then you have to log 'T0' and 'dt' to the file.

Regards,
Yogesh Redemptor
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,394 Views)

Dennis,

What I did was to take my dt value from the waveform, then I passed it through a for loop "n" times adding that dt value starting from "0" every single run to build my time array using the shift register function, after I have my time array I compared the data from it to the data on my plot and both matched. this was the fast and more efficient solution

Thanks again for your support

serge

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,358 Views)

Yogesh,

As I said to Dennis, this is basically what I did (option "yes"), I used my dt known value to determine the time stamp for each data point with both T0 and dt.

Thank you for your support

sergio A.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,357 Views)