LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting started with USB-7845R and Latest LabVIEW.

I've been looking to start up a new FPGA project. Last time i used LabVIEW 2015 32 bit. But since i like to take advantange of some of the LabVIEW interface advancements. I decided to grab whatever the latest thing NI offers. I should have checked (it seems like ti was just released) but i installed LabVIEW 2023 64bit. Which seemed like it should be fine:

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000kFLLSA2&l=en-US

because it supports the device I'm using. But for the life of me, I cannot get LabVIEW to recognize the USB-7845R(OEM) as a device or target. 

I have:

- NI-DAQmx

- LV FPGA Module (64bit)

- NI R Series Multifunction RIO Driver

and a bunch of other things installed. But I'm worried I missed something.

I was curious if anyone else has this working and what the secret might be.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(833 Views)

Did you completely uninstall LabVIEW somehow or installed the latest side by side? I'm asking if the NI MAX maybe reset to default settings which would probably prevent showing up some hardware adapters. Specifically I have the VISA passport for USB in mind.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(823 Views)

I have older versions installed alongside. The device shows up in NI-MAX as it should but when I try to add an FPGA project:

right click on Project -> New -> Targets and Devices ...

Nothing.

or File -> New -> LabVIEW FPGA Project (OK) 

Select project type: Other FPGA Project (is the only option)

So yeah.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(817 Views)

I have the same problem;

The board worked fine with LV2014 FPGA.

I then installed LV2021 64-bit with the 2021 FPGA Module which I have used with newer targets.

Now I want to reuse the old USB-7845R with the newer version, but when I try to open an older project that used that board, I get a Warning in the project tree on the FPGA Target; "Sofware support for this FPGA target is not installed on the computer"

I can find lots of other targets (PXIe, PCI etc), but how do I install software support for this target with this version of LV? Is it possible, or do I have to go back to the LV2014 32-bit version?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(265 Views)