LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good things from NXG that I would like to see brought over to LabVIEW classic

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

I am programming the VI, I want to see it. All the docked tools are only used a small percentage of the time. Convenient when you need them, taking up screen resources most of the time.

If we could undoc those tools we get the best of both.

I didn't see a way to undock them, but you can collapse them by clicking the "<<" and ">>" buttons.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 35
(1,171 Views)

Just a small list:

- webVI capabilities

- dinamically createble front panel controls / indicators

- zoom 🙂

- System Designer

Message 32 of 35
(1,037 Views)

@CsabaPozsar wrote:

Just a small list:

- webVI capabilities

- dinamically createble front panel controls / indicators

- zoom 🙂

- System Designer

We have been told that WebVIs will be ported into their own product or toolkit.

Based on product meetings I have been in, it looks like there are plans to put System Designer into Instrument Studio.

I'll leave the other two as desirables for LabVIEW.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 35
(1,017 Views)

I really would love to see some kind of roadmap for the years to come because at this point we have no idea what will the future hold and or even worth to wait for the new features. Having NXG discontinued I think it would be fair to keep the users in the clear who were waiting to switch when the feature palette was sufficient and stable but now are left with nothing but promises that *some* of the features will make their way to LabVIEW in the not foreseeable future.

-Imre

Message 34 of 35
(918 Views)

@ImreSzebelledi wrote:

I really would love to see some kind of roadmap for the years to come because at this point we have no idea what will the future hold and or even worth to wait for the new features. Having NXG discontinued I think it would be fair to keep the users in the clear who were waiting to switch when the feature palette was sufficient and stable but now are left with nothing but promises that *some* of the features will make their way to LabVIEW in the not foreseeable future.

I'm not disagreeing one bit.  But from what I have heard, NI doesn't even know at the moment since those discussions for what could possibly be ported over has not happened yet.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 35 of 35
(904 Views)