LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW TO USE A CONTROL PRESENT IN THE SUB VI, IN THE PRINCIPAL VI

I have a subVi with a push control, and I want control the sub VI with the principal VI. I would like create a control for the subVI In the  principal VI.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,272 Views)

It is not clear what you are asking for here.  Could you supply an example?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,266 Views)

In a sub VI I have a while cicle and to obtain the acquisition of data by external device I push a control called "avvio acquisizione". I want to control "avvio acquisizione" on the front panel of principal VI. I Attached here the VI and the sub VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,231 Views)

How to pass a boolean control from a subVI to a VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,242 Views)

If you want to pass the data use the connector pane.

If you want to view the control in the subvi on the higher level vi you should look into subpanels. 

Hope this helps

Dave B

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,233 Views)

Hi Robbie! If your question is how you modify a top level VI front panel object from a sub-vi, you'll have to do it by passing the reference. I'm including a link below on how to do so.

Updating a Control or Indicator of a Top Level VI from a SubVI

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0F4EA104660C0AF38625726F0069B27E

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,230 Views)

I tried, but I don't have result. I want to use the control"avvio acquisizione" ,present in subVI, directly in the main VI. I attached here the VI and the subVI.

I would be grateful if you could kindly bring myself this problem by modifying if necessary my VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,205 Views)

Please don't create a new message with the same question you've already asked.

The two message threads have been merged so everyone has the benefit of seeing earlier messages and no one wastes their time helping in one message thread when you are being help in another.

Please read  NI Discussion Forums User Guidelines particular item #3.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,193 Views)

If you put a border around your "Main" icon it will be much easier to connect. 

If you want to be able to stop your "MAIN FINAL" from your "utilizzare" VI then you can make a global variable to stop your "MAIN FINAL"

Edit: As far as naming conventions go, when you use the word "Main" it often refers to a top-level VI, not a SubVI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,184 Views)