LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Configuration - Installer Issues

Hi,

I am having some issues with creating an installer for my LabView Program. I am unable to import the correct file from the configuration import wizard when I run my installer on another computer. The installer auto selects an old file on the new computer to import the configuration data from, and it does not let me change the file selected. So far have I configured my Hardware configuration file and selected "Launch MAX Configuration Import Wizard after Installation" as my import mode.

Is the installer supposed to import the Hardware configuration file that I configured in the "installer properties" by itself?

Do I need to manually bring over my .nce file to my other computer before running the installer?

How come I am unable to select a different file in my Import Wizard?

Any advice, information, or resources on how the hardware configuration works would be greatly appreciated.

InstallerPropertiesHardwareConfig.PNGConfigImportWiz.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(144 Views)
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to troubleshoot and possibly resolve this problem:

1. Check Installer Properties:
   Make sure the configuration file you intend to import is properly included in the installer properties. Go back to the installer settings and ensure that the correct .nce file is referenced.

2. Include the Configuration File in the Installer:
   - Ensure that the correct .nce file is explicitly included in the installer.
   - Sometimes, even though you've specified to "Launch MAX Configuration Import Wizard after Installation," the installer might not automatically include the specific configuration file you need.

3. Manual Transfer:
   - If including the .nce file directly in the installer does not work, transfer the .nce file manually to the target computer.
   - Then, run the Configuration Import Wizard manually and import the correct .nce file from the local directory.

4. Modify Import Wizard Behavior:
   - The inability to select a different file may be due to system policies or user permissions.
   - Ensure that your user has sufficient privileges to access and modify MAX configurations.

5. Import Wizard Settings:
   - Check if there are any settings in the Configuration Import Wizard that could be causing it to default to an older file or preventing you from changing files.
   - Try running the Import Wizard as an administrator to see if that provides additional options.

6. Configuration File Validation:
   - Verify that the .nce file is valid and compatible with the version of LabVIEW/MAX you're using on the new computer.

7. Check Documentation:
   - Consult NI's official documentation or the NI forums to see if there are any known issues with importing configurations through the Wizard in your specific setup.

8. Contact NI Support:
   - If the issue persists, NI support may be able to provide specific guidance or known workarounds for your LabVIEW version.

Best regards and good luck!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(37 Views)