LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I decode a data stream to jpeg image?

Solved!
Go to solution

Norick, your input image is actually 8-bit depth. The labjpeg library has 24-bit depth. This is why you see the image 3 times smaller.

I've updated your vi to handle this issue.

cosmin

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 31
(3,055 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Norick_17

I forgot to mention that I tend to use the .NET version in cases where I either use non-LV supported image types (gif,tiff, etc.) or when I want flexibility in the format.  In your case you know the format will be JPEG, so I would also try the platform independent method of using a temporary file.

SimpleJPEGconvert.png

No .NET, no DLLs, no need to know image size, yet still pretty fast on my machine.

Message 12 of 31
(3,046 Views)

@Darin

thats the solution I was looking for! As you mentioned no need of a dll and still have the full flexibility I wand - works perfect!

@Cosmin

also many thanks to your proposed solution which also works without problem now!

Thanks a lot again Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 31
(3,028 Views)

The VIs present in this thread are all except for one is on labview 2010.. i am using 2009 version, please can any one convert them to 2009 ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 31
(2,968 Views)

can any body help me with labjpeg7.dll? what does it do ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 31
(2,943 Views)

labjpeg dll is a library for handling jpeg strings, so you can visualize on the fly pictures sent by IP cameras or whatever.

It is a version of a library that I made some 2 years ago and I post it on:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-13513

it has an example of using this dll in that link.

cosmin bucur

Message 16 of 31
(2,938 Views)

ok, thanks cosmin. 

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 31
(2,934 Views)

hay cosmin, one more help needed, i am not an advanced labview programmer, so i need to know some thing. Although i can use ur dll file to decode jpg image, but i want to make my own dll file just for the sake of learning, can u reffer any tutorial? also do i have to install LABWindows/CVI in order to make a dll for labview??

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 31
(2,925 Views)

here i am again.. i have used the same VI as told by Darin..but i am getting a very disturbed image.. cane anybody HEEEELLLPP!!!???

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 31
(2,886 Views)

Hard to do much without default data in your string control.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 31
(2,878 Views)