LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I show in the Waveform Graph Only a part of the scale

Solved!
Go to solution

This is the first time I try to use Waveform Graph, since now I used Waveform Chart.
The reason I moved to Graph is that I need to Cursors.

I have 2 problem

the first: in chart the graph moved when I add a new data and the scale of the X axis remain the same size, in the right size I always saw the new data. How can I do that with the Waveform graph? 

The Second: how I tell Labview to put the cursers where I click on graph, I need that because when move in graph I lose the cursers, and to bring it I need to zoom back I drag the cursers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,297 Views)

@Johnny1986 wrote:

I have 2 problem

the first: in chart the graph moved when I add a new data and the scale of the X axis remain the same size, in the right size I always saw the new data. How can I do that with the Waveform graph?

Unselect "Autoscale X" in the right-click menu for the graph.

The Second: how I tell Labview to put the cursers where I click on graph, I need that because when move in graph I lose the cursers, and to bring it I need to zoom back I drag the cursers.

Once the cursor tool is selected while the VI is running the values will show up in the curor legend.

Graph Cursors.png

Kelly Bersch
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Kudos are always welcome
Message 2 of 5
(2,274 Views)

You didn't understand me:

1. When you unchecked the AutoScale X the graph is stay in the last point and not showing the new data, to see the new data you need to scroll to the right for that.

2. For example The AutoScale in unchecked and the wide of the X is 20, when point the cursor on x=3{y(53)} and now you move around(not with the cursor) and you wont to check the value of y(53){x=53}, you need to go back to x=3 and drag the cursor to x=53. There is anther way to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,244 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Johnny1986

All of this must be done programmatically. The LabVIEW graph accepts data in the form of arrays, not single point like the chart and the graph does not have the ability to retain previous points like the history of a chart. You would have to use a shift register to retain previous values and then continuously update the graph with the old and new values to obtain 'chart like behavior'. The cursors would then have to be programmatically re written each iteration, since you are rewriting the whole graph.

Applications/Systems/Test
National Instruments | AWR Group
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,214 Views)

Thanks, from that I was afraid

at first I started to programming those function but after awhile I thought Labview will have those function by default.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,203 Views)