LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install the Ni-Sync 3.1 version into the remote system (embedded CPU in PXI chassis) to recognize the PXI-6682 device to work with RT labview ?

Solved!
Go to solution

How do I install the Ni-Sync 3.1 version into the remote system (embedded CPU in PXI chassis) to recognize the PXI-6682 device to work with RT labview ?

Hung Nguyen

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,443 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Hung nguyen

Hung Nguyen,

The installation of drivers to all remote real-time targets is more or less the same. First install the driver (in your case the NI-Sync) on your PC, then install it on your remote system through MAX. For step by step instructions, see Install Software on Your NI CompactRIO Controller.

Cheers,

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,424 Views)

If you also want your RT target to be a IEEE1588 slave then you will need the NI Timesync driver.  As Mishkin stated once you install these drivers them MAX will offer you the option of installing

the RT version on your target devices.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,417 Views)

Misha/Sachsm,

Thanks for your help. After the installation, I was able to detect the PXI-6682 card from the remote system and communicate with the module through the NI test panel. I hope you do not mind if I have two more questions below:

Does it matter that I place the card in any PXI slot if I just use the card for reading time from a reference source and time stamping ?

How do I connect with the device on a labview RT host using labview ? Appreciate your help again.

H Nguyen

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,385 Views)

Besides not placing the card in the controller slot of the PXI (slot 1), here's what the manual says about slot placement:

"The NI PXI-6682 is a star trigger controller for PXI. It can replace
PXI_CLK10 and control the PXI_STAR triggers. This functionality is
only available when the NI PXI-6682 is installed in Slot 2 of a PXI
chassis. The PXI triggers are accessible from any PXI slot."

Misha
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,363 Views)