LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the display message to appear only one for each case?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Friends,

I am here with another question....

I have built a VI that should contain 6 checkboxes, when a particular checkbox is selected by the user it should display a message to the user of which checkbox is checked.

My problem is:  when I select one of the checkboxes the display message appears continously one after the other, even when the OK button is pressed.

Can anyone help me please??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,612 Views)

FIrst of all, you need to detect when things change, so the dialog does not appear with every iteration of the loop (use an event structure).

Should it be allowed that more than one box is checked? If not, you should use a radiobutton control instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,610 Views)

what does a radio button do?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shalins

A radio button allows for only one boolean in it to be active at a time.  You see these things all the time.  Think about a poll that only allows you to select a single option.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 13
(2,587 Views)

How do I connect the radio button to the display message?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,579 Views)

Wire the radio box terminal to a case structure.  Put the respective message dialog in each case.

(If you have just one VI to upload, go ahead and attach it directly.  Use Zip files only if you have multiple related files to upload.)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,570 Views)

yeah, but I have go through all that process to attach the file in 8.6 version 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,567 Views)

Thanks so much for the help!

I will go through your solution 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,566 Views)

@Shalins wrote:

yeah, but I have go through all that process to attach the file in 8.6 version 🙂

What process?

You attach the VI file the same way you are attaching the zip file.  Click the Browse button on the message editor.  It doesn't matter what version the VI is.  Creating the zip file is more work.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,562 Views)