LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a control to work with a select function to display two separate texts.

I'm currently taking a Labview course at my college and for a starting project we need to create a problem to convert x amount in USD to either Yen or Euro using a toggle switch and a select boolean function. I need to know how to display a text label for the Yen value and for the Euro value being displayed in the same numeric indicator when selected. Basically I have the program working I just need to know how to create a control that will show Yen next to the value when it calculates for Yen and likewise for Euro   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,648 Views)

Use a string indicator.

That or if you have a numeric control, you can show the caption, and programmatically change the caption text with a property node.

Message 2 of 3
(2,642 Views)

Richx9252,

As Ravens Fan said you can either use a string indicator next to the numeric indicator to display the currency type or use a property node to edit the label of the numeric control to display the current currency type.  Please let us know if you have more questions about how this will work.

Regards,

Sam K

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,612 Views)