cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Data from 2D Array to a separate strings

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys, i have a issue with my data

i have some data from a test in a 2D array, but i want to separate each information on a separate strings,

this action i want to made when the operator select the first data of the 2D array 

i have this code what select all the data on a string but for me that way doesn't work

if someone can help me with this i will I would appreciate it.

Ignacio564_0-1713199758148.pngIgnacio564_1-1713199780771.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(253 Views)

@Ignacio564 wrote:

Hello Guys, i have a issue with my data

i have some data from a test in a 2D array, but i want to separate each information on a separate strings,

Hmm, I didn't catch this — how should your expected result look for the given data shown on the Front Panel above? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(230 Views)

Your question is not clear at all.

As a first step, place some typical data into the table and make the values default so we have something to play with.

Then create a string indicator filled with the result you expect so we can see what you actually want..

Then attach again. (Also consider "save for previous" (2020 or below) so more users can help you)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(223 Views)

i want to separate the result in array for later convert to separate strings

but first i need to get the information in some array but i don't know how to get the 

information in array what is selected with the first data of the 2D array

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(218 Views)

@Ignacio564 wrote:

i want to separate the result in array for later convert to separate strings

but first i need to get the information in some array but i don't know how to get the 

information in array what is selected with the first data of the 2D array

It is still a complete mystery what you actually want.

For example if you want only the rows that contain a specific value in the first column, here's one possibility:

altenbach_0-1713206020073.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(211 Views)

Ok again

here is the VI

i want to select the row information from the 2D array to a separate array, this action with the first data of the table.

right now i can get the all the data on only 1 string but that way it doesn't work for me

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(209 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ignacio564

@Ignacio564 wrote:

Ok again

here is the VI

i want to select the row information from the 2D array to a separate array, this action with the first data of the table.

right now i can get the all the data on only 1 string but that way it doesn't work for me

Still not clear, let try trivial way, may be this is what you looking for:

Screenshot 2024-04-15 20.35.06.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(204 Views)

Please never ever attach a new VI with the same name as a VI posted earlier. That causes endless confusion!

You still have not said what kind of string you expect from the current default data.

Can there be more than one row with the same value in the first column? If there is only one, do you simply want a 1D array containing that row?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(203 Views)

This is what i need!!

Sorry for the confusion and an apology if I was not very clear

Thank you I appreciate it 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(198 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Can there be more than one row with the same value in column 1? If there is only one, do you simply want a 1D array containing that row?

Here's one possibility. If there are multiple matches, you'll get the first one. As a bonus you'll get an empty 1D array if there is no match. (and if you want the last matching row, omit the conditional terminal)

altenbach_0-1713206989873.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(196 Views)