LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement an I2C Bus with Lanbview embedded?

Sorry Claire, I just wrote you from one of my colleague PC's (Amro)
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(2,138 Views)

Hi Claire,

yes I do

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(2,132 Views)

Hi Amd1480.

Please call 1-866-275-6964 and reference service request # 1412201. When prompted please choose to leave a voicemail, and give me your email address. This service request has only been created to get your email address.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(2,077 Views)

I have been having issues with these same VIs, but I think my addresses are correct. I have a LM3S8962 evaluation board and the I2C device is a HMC6352 compass. I can't get any data back from the device and I'm not sure if it's getting my write commands either. Is there a good explanation for how these VIs work beyond the treatment in this thread? I've looked through the c-code and still can't figure out why it isn't working. Working, commented code would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance,

Verne

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(2,027 Views)
Hello UWvd

I have been having issues with these same VIs, but I think my addresses are correct. I have a LM3S8962 evaluation board and the I2C device is a HMC6352 compass. I can't get any data back from the device and I'm not sure if it's getting my write commands either. Is there a good explanation for how these VIs work beyond the treatment in this thread? I've looked through the c-code and still can't figure out why it isn't working. Working, commented code would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance,

Verne

do you have a pull-up resistors connected to the SDA and SCL lines? are you using I2C-port 0? you may check using an oscilloscope whether the uController initiate a communication at the beginning or not.

it will be better if you could send a screenshot of the block diagram of your program, so may I can help you further

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(2,006 Views)

how to take output from SDA and SCL in LM3s8962-EK can any one send any link

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,401 Views)

According to the datasheet for the EKK-LM3S8962 eval board (see PDF link for "Stellaris LM3S8962 Evaluation Board User's Manual") on page 24 of 36, you see that PB2/I2C0SCL and PB3/I2C0SDA correspond to pins 70 and 71 on the microcontroller.  These two pins are connected to pins 47 (SCL) and 48 (SDA) on the break-out headers of the actual evaluation board though.  If you look at the board, you'll even see the names of "SCL" and "SDA" for pins 47 and 48.  (There probably wasn't enough room on the board to print "I2C0SDA" and "I2C0SCL", so "SDA" and "SCL" had to suffice.)

Enjoy,

Kevin S.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 27
(1,381 Views)