LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a 3-position electric toggle Switch on the front panel of Labview, that has only one Terminal on the block diagram that can take a numerical value of 1 or 2 or 3.

hi Babla,

Use Radio Buttons contorl and depending on no. of position of the switck put drag the boolean this will give the numercal value of 0 to n... 

Regards,
Santhosh M
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,950 Views)

A Picture Ring with three images will provide that functionality.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,927 Views)

I think someone modified a slider control a few years ago to do something similar.  I did not search for it, so I do not know if anything is available.

Lynn 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,914 Views)

Hi Ben!

I am also working on your line. I have attached the 2 toggle Switch version. In the "ThreeWaySwitch2.vi" I need to do the following refinements:

When I click on the background of the Switch with the mouse the switch toggles in the 3 positions, but also the increment or decrement button appears for a short time which is not desireable. I have customized the Increment and Decrement button and made it transparent. If you or anybody who is following this subscription, please contribute to solve this problem.

Regards!

Babla 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,875 Views)

If you place an invisible slide control over the picture ring you could use the slide control event to trigger the change in the picture ring.

You can make the controls invisible easily by using a style 'classic' control.

It works quite nicely...

The one on the left is how it would appear in the finished application, the one on the right is to demonstrate what is going on.

VI has to be running to work.

Message Edited by Troy K on 11-05-2008 12:40 PM
Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Message 6 of 7
(4,864 Views)

Hi!

I have attached the 2 VI's  of "Three position toggle Switch". In the "ThreeWaySwitch2.vi" I need to do the following refinements:

When I click on the background of the Switch with the mouse the switch toggles in the 3 positions, but also the increment or decrement button appears for a short time which is not desireable. I have customized the Increment and Decrement button and made it transparent. My Boss want to have a 3position toggle Switch, which he can toggle with mouse click and on the front panel it should not show anything but Switch and on the Diagram page you should see only aTerminal,which gives a numerical value of 0 to 2, depending on the position of the Switch. If  anybody is following this subscription, please contribute to solve this problem.

Regards!

Babla 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,819 Views)