cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up SIT playback

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am running a SIT host VI on my desktop, and the model on a RT target. The way I have it set up right now is that I am able to type in some input values on the host VI, and it gets passed into the model (as I have set it up in the SIT connection manager). I now want to automate this so that my input values ramps up or follow a profile I set up with respect to time. How do I do that?

If I understand correctly, I should be able to do that with the file playback in SIT connection manager? But, how do I set up the csv file that it is asking for?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,098 Views)

Hey Bladhart,

Playing with that feature, it looks like you simply need to create a single column of values you want to apply in a CSV file. You can then import that into the connection manager, which converts it into a TDMS file, and then gives you options for time steps you want to use (IE, apply value 1 for 5 seconds, then value 2 for 5 seconds, etc..). You then link the input you selected to an input in your model, and when you run your generated code it should automatically perform the steps assigned in the CSV file. This seems to work perfectly using an example sinewave dll included in NI Veristand, but your milage may vary with your own model. Give what I've suggested a try and then post back here with your results.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,083 Views)

Hello Daniel,

I keep getting this error, and I am very sure that file exist and the path is correct:

2011-05-16_150821.png

The TDMS file is on my desktop, and I am running the host VI from my desktop, which connects to a SIT model in RT target via Ethernet. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,079 Views)

Hey Bladhart,

I am not seeing the same behavior on a second machine when I convert the values from CSV over to TDMS. Was the connection manager able to locate the file well enough for you to define mappings from the channels in the file to the various inputs and outputs? If so, it may be the case that the file has to be located on the RT target. I would not imagine that this is true, but given your difficulties, it seems like a distinct possibility that is worth trying. It might also be beneficial, for troubleshooting purposes, to try the CSV method. Make sure when doing so that you specify that you do not (or do) have a time channel in your csv file.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,068 Views)

Hello Daniel,

That's actually what I did from the beginning. I started with a very simple CSV that only has one column 1 2 3 ...... 10000. Then, when I open the CSV with SIT manager, it converts to TDMS (it runs with the default time interval). Then, I am able to map the single channel to one of my inputs. I only get the error at run time.

The next thing to do would be to put the file in the RT target, but where in the RT target should I put it, and what should I name it? Obviously, the file path in SIT manager only refers to my desktop, so how would I tell it to look for something in the RT target?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,064 Views)

Hey Bladhart,

I didn't think there would be a difference when sending it to an RT target, but apparently there is. SIT should be looking for the file in ni-rt/system, but it is still not locating the file even though it is there. I will continue looking into the issue and let you know what I find.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,054 Views)

Hey,

Just found the problem. Apparently some combination of SIT and pharlap/vxworks does not play nicely with spaces. I took all the spaces out of the tdms filename and the code worked fine. Give that a try and let me know how it works for you. I will be looking further into the issue and potentially reporting it to R&D for further investigation on their end.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,052 Views)

Dan,

I still have the exact same error. It definitely automatically send the "boook.tdms" file to the RT target.

2011-05-20_112236.png

Hum..... How did you set it up?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,047 Views)

Well, that is certainly very strange. I simply followed the same process we have been, importing the CSV file, except that I changed the name of the output tdms file to book0.tdms. However, I have been using a pharlap target (9004 controller), while I am sure you are using a newer vxworks controller, which may have caveats with respect to filenames, etc. I am trying on a 9074 right now, and will let you know what I find.

What controller are you using? Can you also let me know your Labview, SIT, RT, and NI-RIO versions? You can find this information in MAX under the software section.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,034 Views)

Hello Dan,

On my desktop:

LabView 2010 SP1

SIT 10.0

On my target:

PXI-8101

LabView Real-time 10.0

NI-RIO 3.6.0